Learning how to use Linked In
Download Power Point to Follow Along
The Human Shield Exercise
- Create your own personal shield (coat of arms) by drawing the shield and providing the required information in each section.
- Be Creative!! This represents you!!
Here’s a video of Michelle Lodge introducing The Human Shield Exercise and it’s values:
Co-Working Spaces Are Redefining
What It Means To Go To The Office
- The labor force has shifted away from big companies, unions and permanent sites and has shifted towards contractors, mobility and smaller term employment.
- Since 2010, 80% of new jobs in New Brunswick have been created by small businesses.
- As companies/employers have become smaller, work spaces have evolved. They are more dynamic and flexible.
- Co-working spaces are designed to provide for the office needs of the new economy. To encourage team work over competition. Creativity over conformity.
- The space is designed to allow for the free exchange of ideas.
- Companies can ‘rent’ a desk for a day, meeting rooms, technology or have a monthly membership with varying levels of service.
- Connexionworks is a ‘non-profit’ organization (which means that all the profits earned go back into the company)
2017 Overview Video